Welcome to Mobile System 7! Our company provides a product and services that help enterprises securely deploy smartphones and tablets. Our primary product, the Sentry Platform, persistently monitors mobile deployments, and provides ongoing confidence that smartphones and tablets are secure. Our data driven approach ensures security over time, even as devices interact with data and the world around them. As problems inevitably evolve, Sentry ensures our clients can detect and mitigate them quickly. Sentry continuously monitors device activities, ensuring that the smartphones and tablets our clients’ mission relies upon remain secure and reliable.
About the Job and the Environment
We’re looking for a smart developer who wants to work on a small team and solve real world problems . . . quickly and well. You will be working as a member of our small and highly collaborative development team helping to design and implement all aspects of Mobile System 7′s products. Working for a startup, you’ll have visibility, influence and opportunity. While we rely on agile development concepts to organize and manage activities, we realize that no process or methodology can substitute for good communication, collaboration, and team cohesiveness. We focus on fostering an environment in which our development team members have the awareness, support, leeway, and trust that they need to do what they do best – develop great software.
Oh and by the way, qualities we really like include: offbeat humor, humility, mad technical skills, a driving interest to learn new things, and hands-on experience with enterprise systems, integrating complex systems or securing unusual data systems.
Qualifications and Skills
We expect you to:
- Have experience building quality code in a variety of languages and environments, ideally in support of product development.
- Be well-versed in the full software development lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance;
- Be interested in contributing across a breadth of development areas, including web, server-side, client-side, mobile, integration, and operations.
We want you to:
- Know something about what it’s like to work in a start-up. Yes, it’s a ton of fun, but it’s also a lot of work too. This means you have to understand the business we’re in and what we’re trying to accomplish. You don’t have to have been a cheerleader or anything like that, but we’d like to see enthusiasm for our mission and where we are at this point in our corporate life.
- Have developed something you can point to and say, “I did that!” We’re talking about a product, an application, a system, etc. If we can’t see it, it will be harder for us to figure out whether or not you’re right for us.
- Be devoted to us . . . Yup, that's right. We’re not interested in a hook-up, we’re interested in a long-term relationship. We know this is really hard for developers, but we want you to be focused on us. No speed dating or moonlighting – just us, all day, every day – and we’ll make it worth your while now and in the long-term.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Opportunity to make a big impact
- Collaborative & Friendly Work Environment